Sunday, February 8, 2009

Losing..

I'm a first believer in the power of change. But there is one thing I've learned, and that's the hardest part of moving forward is, not looking back. Now here I sit so far away, remembering all our memories, and it's times like these that I miss you all the most, remembering when we were so close. I thought we'd be friends for many more years, but as time goes on, our pictures fade and all of our good times seem to drift away. We have all grown up, and there's no denying that. But it's tough to tell, if in that growing up, we've simply grown apart.

Silence has become normal between us. Not the nice kind of silence, or the comfortable kind of silence. But the awkward kind of silence, like between strangers. Our silence is an avoidance of the truth. I've learned that every once in a while, people step up. They rise above themselves. Sometimes they surprise you. And sometimes they fall short and friendship means understanding, not agreement. It means forgiveness, not forgetting.

It means the memories last, even if contact is lost. What is too painful to remember, we simply choose to forget. So it's the laughter we'll remember, whenever we remember the way we were. I feel all is lost, no one remembers. Years from now, as we meet again. It'll be awkward and they've forgotten.

Sometimes I wish I could just fast-forward through time, just to see if it's worth it all in the end.



Slowly, day by day, losing...

Best, bessys, OT forever? maybe... maybe not..

0 comments: